Anybody who knows me knows that I am not a fan of fads, pills, supplements or quick fixes. So for all of you who are tempted to buy that promising new weight loss supplement, or book your liposuction and body contouring procedures, consider these options, and the benefits that they provide!
- High intensity interval training not only burns a ton of calories, it boosts metabolism and releases hormones that facilitate fat loss.
- Strength training encourages muscle growth, helps to boost metabolism, and improves skin tone.
- Core based, mind/body workouts will provide increased stamina, endurance, strength, as well as help to correct any postural imbalances. Mind/body work also reduces blood pressure, and has been scientifically proven effective in treating ailments ranging from cardiovascular disease, to lung cancer, to depression and anxiety. In fact, meditation is proving to be so effective that large corporations are now integrating meditation into their employee training’s!
- Any type of exercise releases endorphin’s, increases energy, and burns calories!!
- Rest; exercise stresses the body, and causes inflammation. Be sure to add rest into your balanced fitness program so that your body can recover and rebuild.
- Sleep; Sleep boosts our immune system, raises levels of muscle repair agents, and reduces inflammatory hormones. It also helps us to regulate our hunger and cravings. Studies actually show that women who get 7-9 hours of sleep have less of a hunger response than women who get less than 7 hours.
- Post workout refueling; as I mentioned earlier, exercise causes inflammation. Adding antioxidant food choices (fruit or vegetables) to your carbohydrate and protein rich post-workout snack helps to prevent inflammation and rebuild muscle.
So make some time to incorporate a balanced fitness and wellness program into your life. You will absolutely lose weight, tone and tighten your body, have increased energy and stamina, brighter skin, healthy hair, lower blood pressure, and improved focus. There is no pill, supplement, surgery or procedure that could take the place of a good fitness program, and a healthy lifestyle!